What is hate crime?
Hate crimes are crimes such as racist crime, domestic violence and homophobic crime.
It is important to take immediate action against perpetrators. We will work in partnership with our support partners and external agencies to support the needs of victims to make the lives of those suffering hate crime safer for their families, their communities, and prevent re-victimisation.
If you have been affected by hate crime, or you think you have, then let us help you. We can help you get support and access to the assistance and advice you need.
Useful contacts and support services
- Police, Fire Ambulance: Triple Zero (000) in an emergency
- Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 victims can report crime anonymously
- Domestic Violence Line: 1800 656 463 (open 24 hours 7 days per week)
- Housing NSW Temporary Accommodation Service (open 10am until 10 pm daily)
- Homeless Persons: 1800 234 566
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Service: 1800 810 784