What we do
Evolve Housing has won 30 industry awards over the last two years, and is a nationally registered Tier 1 community housing provider and a registered charity. We are recognised as one of the most innovative, high performing community housing providers in Australia. Our significant experience in property and tenancy management has earned us a well-deserved reputation for social excellence.
We provide innovative housing services and solutions to those in need, and develop partnerships that provide positive social outcomes for individuals and their communities
We currently own or manage more than 4,000 social and affordable properties, housing over 8,000 people, and invite you to become part of our diverse and inclusive workplace.
What we're about
Our culture is person-centred, authentic, engaging, collaborative and purpose driven. At our very core is our desire to support our community and to help those within it. Our staff are deeply connected to ensuring we can improve the lives of our residents and clients. We form strong relationships both internally with each other, with our residents and with our strategic partners that support us to deliver our services. We are committed to providing a supportive and rewarding working environment, to enrich the lives of our staff.
We invest in our employee’s professional development. Through this we provide opportunities to acquire, practice and adopt new knowledge; and enhance individual and organisational capabilities.
We approach opportunities and challenges with creativity and enthusiasm. We encourage those around us to imagine, learn, innovate and to do things better.
Honesty & Integrity
We are honest, fair and ethical in all interactions. We do the right things for the right reasons all the time.
We are aware of and sensitive to the feelings and perspectives of others and use that understanding to guide our actions.
We act with professionalism and take responsibility for our decisions and actions.
We treat others how we would like to be treated. We value individuality and diversity.
Our employees love working at Evolve as it enables them to make a difference to people’s lives. At the heart of what we do we strive to create better social outcomes for the people who live in our community. We work together, collaboratively to deliver our mission each and every day.
Our team diversity:
- 115 dedicated employees
- 3%of our employees identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- 52% of management roles are held by women
- 69% of employees are female / 31% are male
- 23 languages spoken by employees
- 88% are tertiary educated and above
What our employees say:
- Stephanie, Case Worker
- Caroline, Case Worker
- Stacy, Team Leader EchoRealty
- Carrie Ann, Housing Manager
- Shahn, Case Worker
What we offer
As a Not for Profit employer, Evolve provides all employees salary packaging options, including salary sacrificing for your mortgage, loans, rent, health insurance, school fees and much more. This enables you to maximise your take home net pay through tax reductions on $18,550 of your salary.
At Evolve we consider work life balance of great importance and believe it results in happy, healthy and productive employees. We offer a range of options and benefits to achieve your work life balance including:
- 35 hour work week
- Flexible working arrangements, including compressed working weeks, working from home options, flexible working hours
- Birthday Leave – enjoy a day off for your birthday every year.
- Volunteer Leave – take a day every year to give back to the community through volunteering.
- Purchased Annual Leave – purchase additional leave to help manage work and personal commitments.
- Annual Shut-down – take additional time of over Christmas/New Year company shutdown Period. (usually 2-3 days)
We strive to ensure our employees grow and develop their capabilities. All employees are encouraged and supported to continually develop their skills and knowledge through training opportunities. Development plans are actively set with each staff member annually and reviewed throughout the year. Training and development includes support for certain tertiary education, technical skills based learning, training in behavioural competencies and skills (such as communication, emotional intelligence), welfare support training, people management and leadership development. Training is through various mediums including self-paced online learning, practitioner led group face to face and funded external courses, access to industry networking forums and conferences. We understand that by investing in our people, we extend and broaden the professional capacity of both the individual and Evolve Housing.
We offer a range of support to assist our employees to stay fit and healthy.
- Annual Flu Vaccination – accessible in the office during work hours
- Wellbeing Employee Assistance Program – independent, confidential and free counselling service for all staff and their family
- Option to join our EAP Wellbeing Ambassador program – staff can access training that equips them with skills to provide mental health and wellbeing support to other employees and clients
- Health challenges – Weight loss, Quit Smoking, Fitness Evolve Housing Lifeblood Blood Donor Program
- Daily fruit basket
- Great team atmosphere
- Active social club with regular engaging events
- Regular team connection events
- Company funded Friday breakfast
- Monthly birthday group celebrations
- Vibrant social club with fun and interesting events
- Access discounts on a huge amount of products and services through our Not for Profit Discount provider – ”Your Salary Benefits”
- Discounts on Products – computing, personal Audio devices and accessories, white goods, electrical and kitchen appliances ,sports clothing, fitness equipment, watches, entertainment and experiences (through RedBalloon),
- Discounts on Insurances -Home & Contents or Landlord Insurance, Health Insurance
- Discounts on Travel – airfares, tours, cruises, hotels and holiday packages, rental cars.
We offer a broad range of roles across several skill areas and disciplines and from entry level up to management. Our most commonly hired roles include:
- Housing Manager
- Case Coordinator
- Youth Case Worker
- Property Manager (Affordable Housing)
- Community Engagement Officer
- Contact Centre Operator
And of course we have our internal support functions including Property Maintenance, Developments, Finance, Business Support Administration, IT, Project Management, Governance and Risk, Legal, Marketing and Human Resources.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic, supportive organisation, please submit your expression of interest below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
To ensure we are building a succession plan within our organisation and line with our mission of enabling better social outcomes for the communities we support, we offer traineeships for enthusiastic individuals with a high work ethic. The traineeships involve working part time whilst undertaking studies to achieve Certificate level qualifications in either Business studies and or in Community Housing. For expressions of interest contact our People and Culture team via the Expression of Interest form above.