Centrelink Multiple Consent Factsheet

As a customer of Evolve Housing ABN 16 127 713 731 we need to know and confirm some of your details held by the Australian Government Department of Human Services (the department).

We have been assessed and approved by the department to provide these services:

  • Electronic Verification of Rent
    • Centrelink Confirmation eServices
    • Centrepay

In being approved for these services, we must comply with strict guidelines around who accesses the information and how the information is collected and stored.

Who is eligible to use these services?

Customers who are receiving Rent Assistance or paying rent using Centrepay can authorise us and the department to exchange information.

What services are available?

Electronic Verification of Rent (EVoR)

EVoR is a secure, automated process which lets us send limited information about your rent to the
department electronically.

This will save you having to personally complete a Rent Certificate or tell the department every time your rent amount changes.

There are still things you must tell Centrelink such as:

  • if you change your address
  • if your relationship status changes
  • if you start or stop sharing your accommodation
  • if you sell or purchase real estate

How does it work?

Each time there is a change in your rent amount, the new amount will be updated with the department electronically.

What details will we send to the department?

We will advise the department of:

  • your Customer Reference Number, name, address,
    date of birth, relationship status
  • the amount of rent you pay, and
  • the date you started paying the rent amount.

How will the information be used?

  • The information will be used by the department to assess your eligibility for and rate of Commonwealth Rent Assistance.


Centrelink Confirmation eServices (CCeS) – Income Confirmation

CCeS is an electronic service that allows you to authorise the department to provide or confirm your Centrelink details directly to/with us. This saves you having to obtain the details from Centrelink yourself to provide to us.

How does it work?

With your consent, the department will send your details to us electronically so we can assess your eligibility for services we provide.

What details will the department send to us through CCeS?

Only information that we need will be provided or confirmed by the department. This may include:

  • name, address, concession card status, income, assets, shared care arrangements, partner status
  • the type of pension or payment, and the amount and date paid
  • amounts being deducted from your Centrelink payments (for example Child Support or Centrepay),
  • details of any other income you have told the department about.

What if some household members choose not to participate in CCeS, or don’t receive Centrelink payments?

Household members who don’t or can’t authorise us to use CCeS will be required to provide proof of their income. This means if they receive a Centrelink payment they will need to request an income statement from Centrelink to provide to us. If they do not receive Centrelink payments, they will need to provide other details of their income, for example, wage slips.

It remains the applicant or tenant’s responsibility to make sure income details of all household members are available when required.

How will the information be used?

The information will be used by us to assess your entitlement to services we provide such as reduced rent and ongoing eligibility for housing assistance based on our policy.


Centrepay is a voluntary, free and direct bill-paying service. You can choose to have your rent amount deducted from your Centrelink payments and paid directly to us.

Each fortnight the balance of your Centrelink payment is paid into your nominated bank account as it would be normally.

How does it work?

Your Centrepay deduction can be set up in the following ways:

  • Evolve Housing is able to start your Centrepay deductions for you. You will need to complete the ‘Centrelink Deduction Form and Centrelink deduction Consent Form’.
  • Online: use your Centrelink online account via myGov
  • Telephone: call the department on your regular payment number. You will be asked to give your consent.
  • In person: visit a Service Centre

Once your deductions are set up, you may agree to allow Evolve Housing to update your Centrepay deduction, if your rent amount changes.

What details are exchanged?

We will tell the department:

  • to change your existing Centrepay deduction or target amount from time to time to ensure your housing payments are met, and
  • your Customer Reference Number, name, address, date of birth, relationship status
  • the amount of rent you pay, and
  • the date you started paying the rent amount.

How will the information be used?

The information will be used to ensure the correct amount of rent is being deducted and paid.

Why use these services?

  • these are free services
  • you will save time by not having to phone or pick up an income statement or Rent Certificate
  • it is easy and convenient because we will contact the department on your behalf

What do I do if I want to stop one or all of the services?

You can cancel one or all of the services at any time by contacting us or the department:

  • Centrepay – By cancelling your Centrepay deduction, you are removing your consent. We cannot make a deduction unless you provide your consent. If you cancel your Centrepay deduction and still need to pay us rent, you will need to make alternative arrangements with us to pay your rent to ensure you don’t fall behind.
  • CCeS or EVoR – If you withdraw your consent for us to use CCeS or EVoR you will need to provide the information to us (that we would have received from the department electronically).

More information?

For more information about your tenancy go to www.evolvehousing.com.au

If you have any questions regarding this document, please contact Evolve Housing on 1800 MY EVOLVE 1800 693 865 or email your enquiry to myevolve@evolvehousing.com.au

Please note: The official text of the Evolve Housing website, and of each of the documents and other information available on the website, is the English version.