Evolve Housing residents are encouraged to keep their rent account in advance at all times by paying directly to Centrelink. By doing this, residents will avoid the risk of owing debt.
How to make Rent and Nonrent Payments Factsheet
Rent payments: maintain it every fortnight to keep it advance
Residents must pay two weeks rent when they start their tenancy, and then continue paying rent either weekly or fortnightly. Rent payments must be maintained two weeks in advance at all times.
Non-rent payments: must be paid within 21 days of billing
If all non-rent debt payments cannot be paid on time, you must contact your Housing Manager and arrange how to pay your debt by installments.
Payments should be made directly
We encourage residents to pay their rent and other charges directly through Centrepay deduction. The Centrepay Multiple Deduction Format Payment (MDFP) option allows you to nominate rent, water and other payments to be paid from your Centrelink payment directly to Evolve Housing. Residents need to complete the MDF form (Resident consent form).
Evolve Housing offers the following payment options
Centrepay – the MDFP option.
Payway card – two cards are available one for rent and one for non-rent (water and other charges).
How to use your Payway card:
- Post pay – pay at any Australia Post outlet with your Payway card using cash, cheque or EFTPOS.
- BPAY – pay over the phone using your Payway card.
- Direct Debit – use your Payway card to set up your direct debit online as a one-off or re-occurring payment.
- EFTPOS – pay using your debt or credit card at our head office, or ask your Housing Manager about using our mobile EFTPOS facility.
- Direct Debit – ask your Housing Manager to assist you to set up a direct debt from your bank account.
If you need help with interpreting or translation because English is not your first language, phone the All Graduates Translating and Interpreting Service on 1300 652 488. They will phone the housing organisation and interpret for you for free.
If you have any questions regarding this document, please contact Evolve Housing on 1800 MY EVOLVE 1800 693 865
Please note: The official text of the Evolve Housing website, and of each of the documents and other information available on the website, is the English version.