All residents are responsible for water usage charges at their property. Evolve Housing may charge all Residents for water usage in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 (RTA), the relevant Ministerial Guidelines and this policy.
Water Charges Factsheet
If the property you are living in has a water meter which measures your water usage we will pass the usage charge to you.
The water company is responsible for checking your water meter and Evolve Housing receives a bill from the water company quarterly.
Shared water meters in units/apartments
If you live in a unit/apartment, your property has a shared water meter in the building. This means you will be charged differently from properties that have a separate water meter.
The money you need to pay for your water usage is calculated based on your rent. Before we send your water bill to you, we will also calculate your building’s water usage and we will reduce the total amount by twenty per cent (20%). The left over amount is then divided between the number of apartments in the building so that the money you owe is directly related to your water usage.
You can read more about our water charges on Evolve Housing’s website (see Water Charging Policy, Section 4).
Allowances for health, disability & large households
- Evolve Housing may give you an allowance if you have health problems, a disability or live in a large household of six or more people.
- You can request for an allowance by speaking to your Housing Manager.
- Tenants with a shared water meter are not eligible for the large household allowance.
Who to contact if you disagree with the amount of water charges?
- If you think we made an error or a wrong decision about your water usage or water allowance request, you should contact your Housing Manager.
- If you want us to review, please visit our website www.evolvehousing.com.au and fill out an Appeal Form.
Where to get more information:
For more information or answers to any questions, please contact the Community Justice Centre on 1800 990 777 (free call) or the Evolve Housing head office:
Address: Henry Dodd House, 9-13 Argyle Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Phone: 1300 692 245 or 02 8862 1500
Please note: The official text of the Evolve Housing website, and of each of the documents and other information available on the website, is the English version.