When tenants and applicants are not satisfied with Evolve Housing’s decisions about something that affects their tenancy, they have the right to make an appeal. An appeal is a formal review process that checks if Evolve Housing’s decision was right or wrong.
Evolve Housing will listen to your concerns
If you think we have made the wrong decision about something that affects your tenancy, you should first talk to the person who made the decision. You may also talk to another Evolve Housing staff member and they will listen to your concerns.
If you are still not comfortable or happy with the decision, you can lodge an Appeals form which means you want the decision to be further reviewed.
Evolve Housing cannot review some decisions
Some decisions cannot be reviewed or appealed, for example; repairs, maintenance and lease issues that come under the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal (NCAT). For more advice contact the Evolve Housing.
How to lodge an appeal:
- You have three (3) months from the date of the original decision to ask for a review and to put in an appeal.
- Fill out the relevant Appeals form found on our website www.evolvehousing.com.au or at our head office.
- Ask for help if you cannot fill out the form, for example, a relative, friend or community worker fill out the form on your behalf.
- Evolve Housing staff members can also help you with writing the appeal on your behalf.
- Talk to Evolve Housing staff if you need someone to explain what extra information you may need to attach.
After you lodge an appeal, Evolve Housing needs time to review your appeal
From the time we receive your written appeal, an Evolve Housing staff member - who was not involved in making the original decision – will review your appeal. It usually takes 20 working days to be completed. It may sometimes take longer, if we need further information from you or another party. After we have completed the review, we will send a letter to you. The letter will tell you of our decision and the reasons for our response.
Tenants have the option of going to the Housing Appeals Committee
If you believe our decision on your appeal is still not right, you can ask for another review from the Housing Appeals Committee. This is an independent agency that reviews decisions of community housing providers and Housing NSW.
Where to get more information?
For more information or answers to any questions, please visit or contact the Evolve Housing head office:
Henry Dodd House 9-13 Argyle Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
1300 692 245 or 02 8862 1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Document no: HS034 | Approved: December 2014