Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) and Disability Support Partnerships
Evolve has been a registered Specialist Disability Accommodation Provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) since May 2015. We provide choice of categories in SDA accommodation for participants across metropolitan and regional Local Government Areas (LGA) providing tenancy and property management for more than 230 residents in NSW.
We work closely with our Support Partners who are either registered Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers under the NDIS; or organisations who provide disability support through formal partnerships with us.
Evolve is committed to the NDIS principles and objectives:
- supporting the independence and social and economic participation of people with disability;
- providing reasonable and necessary supports, including early intervention supports, for people with disability;
- enabling people with disability to exercise choice and control in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports; and
- promoting the provision of high quality and innovative supports to people with disability to maximise independent lifestyle and full inclusion in the community.
We have a dedicated SDA Team who provide specialist tenancy management services and help to coordinate a range of support for our residents, such as:
- referring tenants to specialist support partners for physical or mental health issues;
- partnering with specialist services to provide Evolve tenants with training and employment opportunities; and
- improving tenants’ financial management and accounting skills by providing access to free financial management and accounting courses.
We develop innovative and sustainable housing models for people living with disability, managing all phases of property development. We were the first Provider under the Supported Accommodation Innovation Fund (SAIF) initiative to be awarded the highest Platinum Level compliance in our property design.
Specialist Disability Accommodation Resident Handbook
SDA Resident Handbook: Easy-Read
SDA Easy-Read Handbook: About Your Home
SDA Easy-Read Handbook: How to be a good SDA tenant
SDA Easy-Read Handbook: About your SDA Agreement
SDA Easy-Read Handbook: Repairs
Penrith, Hills Shire, Hawkesbury, Blacktown, Roseville, Parramatta, Ryde
Lismore, Ballina and Casino Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Wauchope, Coffs Harbour.
Mid North Coast
Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Cessnock, Maitland.
Evolve Housing work closely with our Support Partners who are either registered Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers under the NDIS; or organisations who provide disability support through formal partnerships with us.
To view our range of Support Providers click the link below:
Vacancy Management Forms and Information
NEST is an independent online home matching tool for people with disability and providers of homes funded for people with disability.
Nest matches people with disability who are looking for a home with available Specialist
Disability Accommodation (SDA) properties that properly meet their needs.
NEST is a fast and easy way for Specialist Disability Accommodation and Supported Independent Living providers to find and shortlist eligible people with disability to fill vacant properties and rooms.
Nest is free for all users, without registering you can undertake a general search (Based on location and type of accommodation you are looking for) however, if you register you are able to see specific room details and submit an application.
Property development and housing models
Evolve Housing has the capability and capacity to manage all phases in the property development lifecycle. From inception, Evolve Housing goes above-and-beyond to ensure project outcomes are fully met.
Evolve is committed to sustainable housing designs that are energy efficient, greener, accessible, and adaptable.
We are proud to be the first Community Housing Provider under the Supported Accommodation Innovation Fund (SAIF) initiative to be awarded the Platinum Performance Level compliance. We have since achieved Livable Housing Guidelines Platinum Level compliance on other developments.
In delivering projects, we carry out:
- site investigation;
- site selection and approval;
- feasibility studies;
- legal and title review;
- contract negotiation;
- site design;
- development proposals for lazy land;
- project management before and during the construction phase;
- construction management;
- cost tracking;
- financing procurement.
- lease preparation and ongoing management;
- property management;
Vegepod GrowAbility Program
Have you heard of Vegepod and their program specifically designed for people living in disability accommodation called “GrowAbility”?
GrowAbility is an accessible, capacity building gardening program specifically designed for people with cognitive disability to establish and maintain a garden within a disability service, a community garden or at home.
It is based on the belief that people with disability:
- Benefit from time spent actively gardening
- Have the skills or can learn to design, set up and maintain their own garden
- Enjoy and benefit from social interactions with others
- Enjoy being active and engaging in a way that is dynamic and reciprocal
GrowAbility’s goal is to increase the capacity of people with disability (and support workers) to create and maintain an accessible garden. Doing so has a positive impact on residents by developing life skills, improving their wellbeing and sense of belonging, reducing social isolation, increasing community/social interactions and contributing to our natural environment.
Evolve Housing is proudly funding and working in partnership with VEGEPOD and Community Greening to deliver the GrowAbility Program as part of our Community Engagement programs for our residents.
Check out our latest instalment and interviews:
If you are a SDA resident (or family member of a resident) or SIL Partner that is interested or would like to know more about this program please register your interest by filling out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.