What is social housing?

Social housing is secure, affordable housing for people on low incomes who need accommodation. Social housing includes public housing properties owned or managed by Housing NSW and the Aboriginal Housing Office, and community housing properties managed by not-for-profit, non-government registered Community Housing Providers such as Evolve Housing.

How do I apply for social housing?

Evolve Housing manages community housing, affordable housing and other types of housing.

Community housing applications are managed under the NSW Government Housing Pathways system, where you only have to complete one application to be on the state-wide waiting list.

You can apply for social and community housing through the Housing Pathways website, which is managed by the Department of Family and Community Services. You can track your application on this website and find out other information about social housing. 

Alternatively you can lodge your application with any social housing provider in NSW, either in person or by mail. This includes at the Evolve Housing office and Housing NSW local offices. You can find more details of where you can lodge your application on the Department of Family and Community Services website.

If you need assistance lodging your application please contact the Department of Family and Community Services or myevolve.

For more information

  • www.housingpathways.nsw.gov.au or phone 1300 468 746 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Need to report a repair?