Factsheets, policies and forms
At Evolve we are committed to treating all residents in an open, fair and transparent manner. To ensure we are able to deliver on this commitment our decisions are made based on policies which have been developed over time with resident consultation.
To help residents understand our policies we have a range of factsheets and you can also find here forms to help you manage your tenancy or get involved in community life.
Our factsheets, policies and forms cover a range of topics including tenancy management, communication, governance, privacy and disclosure, volunteering, maintenance and feedback including our complaints management policy.
Evolve Housing Resident Handbook
The Evolve Housing Resident Handbook is a helpful reference where you are able to find details relating to your tenancy.
Inside, you’ll find information about your rights and responsibilities as a resident, our contact information, support services and programs available to you and much more. Evolve Housing will work with you to manage your rent and maintain the property you’re living in, but our services extend beyond housing; we are client-centred and your wellbeing is of paramount importance to us.
We hope the information in this handbook is helpful to you and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.
Resident data indicates that English, Vietnamese and Arabic are the most commonly spoken languages amongst our residents. Because of this, we have translated The Evolve Housing Resident Handbook in Vietnamese and Arabic. Please see these below:
Resident Engagement Strategy
The Resident Engagement Strategy is a tool that helps direct our organisation’s approach to engaging and communicating with our residents, to ensure that we have adequate feedback from them to tailor our services and programs to suit their needs. Evolve Housing’s purpose is to enable more people to live in quality homes in thriving and inclusive communities.
Our strategy summarises our philosophy towards resident engagement, considers current points of engagement we have with residents, and provides clear actions for Evolve Housing staff and business units, at all levels of the organisation, to perform to improve our resident engagement.
Rights and Responsibilities
Evolve Housing staff and tenants have legal responsibilities that are set out in the Residential Tenancies Act 2010. For more details contact 1800 MY EVOLVE (1800 693 865) to request a copy.
Evolve Housing has also written a Resident Charter which outlines the high standard of service that you can expect from Evolve Housing. Your Residents Council reviewed this charter and agreed that it will help us provide good service to our residents.
Our charter outlines the standard of service you can expect from Evolve Housing and what to do if you are unhappy with the service you receive. It also details your responsibilities as an Evolve Housing resident.
Evolve Housing is a leader in the development and delivery of effective and innovative housing services and solutions for people experiencing homelessness and housing stress.
Evolve housing commits to:
- Treat you equally and with respect at all times.
- Ensure you have access to your file upon request.
- Always act in honesty and integrity.
- Ensure that the information held about you by Evolve Housing is secured, treated sensitively and confidentially maintained
- Respect your privacy.
- Ensure you are fully informed of your right and responsibilities, and realistic expectations of what Evolve Housing can provide.
- Make sure you are consulted where changes to policy or manner in which your tenancy is managed may have adverse effect on you, including planned maintenance.
- Give you information about complaints and disputes procedure and how to access it.
Our customer service principles:
- Evolve Housing aim to answer your telephone call enquiries at the first point of contact. Where this is not possible, Evolve Housing will transfer the call to someone else that can assist you.
- We aim to call you back within 48 hours if you ring us and the person you want to talk to is not available.
- We will be on time for appointments.
- We will see you within 30 minutes if you don’t have an appointment and want to talk to someone face to face.
- We will acknowledge a letter within two days and try our best to respond with a solution within 20 working days.
- Evolve Housing will ask you how you would prefer to be contacted by us.
- Evolve Housing will respond to your enquiries promptly and clearly.
- Evolve Housing will ensure you know who your Housing Manager is and how best to contact him or her.
- Evolve Housing will make interpreters available at no cost to you.
- Evolve Housing will ensure that our website is easy for you to navigate.
We want to make sure you receive the best possible service.
To help us to do this, please:
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect.
- Try to keep your appointment at an agreed time or let us know as soon possible if you need to change an appointment.
- Provide us with accurate and up-to-date information (email address, mobile phone number and the best way to contact you).
- Tell us about any changes to your needs or circumstances.
- Give us honest feedback about our services.
Please contact us to make a suggestion, compliment or to discuss an issue.
Address: Evolve Housing, Henry Dodd House, 9-13 Argyle Street, Parramatta NSW, 2150
Phone: 1800 MY EVOLVE (1800 693 865)
Evolve Housing will review this Resident Service Charter every three years in consultation with the Resident Council Committee, staff, tenants and other stakeholders.
Rent reviews and appeals
Evolve Housing reviews your rental agreement twice a year, or more often if you advise us that your circumstances have changed. If you are not satisfied with the review, or with any other decision that is made about your tenancy, you can appeal. An appeal is a formal review process that checks whether the decision made was fair and correct. To appeal a decision call 1800 MY EVOLVE (1800 693 865) or complete the Appeals form through our contact us page.
Our aim is to provide a high quality professional service to all residents, and we can only do this with your help. We welcome your feedback, whether it’s a compliment, suggestion or a complaint. Your feedback helps us to see what is working well and what we need to do better.