Tenant Employment Support Scheme Factsheet

Tenant Employment Support Scheme (TESS)

The Tenant Employment Support Scheme (TESS) provides short-term financial assistance to Tenants or other Residents of the household who are 18 years of age or older, when they start work for the first time or they reenter the work force after a break.

If approved for TESS, the Tenant or Resident will receive a letter from Evolve Housing. They will be given a grace period of up to 26 weeks before Evolve Housing adjusts their rent subsidy based on their new income

You are eligible for TESS if:

  • You are a Tenant who is starting or re-entering work.
  • You are a Resident of the household who is 18 years of age or older, who is starting a new job or re-entering the workforce. You must have been a member of the household (and an authorised occupant) for at least six months

You are not eligible for TESS if:

  • You are a Tenant paying market rent.
  • You or a Resident of the household are changing jobs. You or the Resident are moving from casual to permanent OR part-time to full-time work.

How to apply:

  • You must let Evolve Housing know 28 days before your first day of work.
  • Fill out a Rent Subsidy application form (available at Evolve Housing’s office)
  • In the application include the date you or the eligible Resident started work and the new income details.
  • Supply the first pay slip

What happens in the first 26 weeks?

When the 26 week period ends, you will be charged rent based on your new household income. If you or the eligible Resident stops working during this period, please tell us as soon as possible. This allows us to review the rental subsidy correctly and ensure you only pay the correct rent.

More information?

For more information about your tenancy go to www.evolvehousing.com.au

If you have any questions regarding this document, please contact Evolve Housing on 1800 MY EVOLVE 1800 693 865 or email your enquiry to myevolve@evolvehousing.com.au

Please note: The official text of the Evolve Housing website, and of each of the documents and other information available on the website, is the English version.