Keep Educating Yourself (KEY) grants help with the cost of tertiary education for up to 3 years. The program provides financial assistance for Evolve residents enrolled in a course at TAFE, university, private college, or a trade program.
KEY Grants Factsheet
Did you know?
- University degree holders earn approximately 40% more income over their lives compared with high school leavers.
- 92% of students who completed a vocational training course as part of a trade apprenticeship are employed.
- Over 3 years we’ll support youwith $4,500.
- Anyone is able to apply. There’s no age limit!
Who can apply for the grant?
- Tertiary students who are enrolled in a course at TAFE, university, private college or in a trade program
- Only one applicant per household can receive the grant
- Applicant must be a Permanent Resident or Australian citizen
- The applicant must be a declared occupant living in an Evolve Housing property
- Preference may be given to applicants experiencing additional challenges.
For example: disability of yourself or someone you care for, medical costs, home overcrowding making study difficult
- Applicant household must not have a current debt with Evolve Housing.
- Applicants must agree to yearly assessments to show that they’re engaging with their course
before the following year’s grant is approved.
How to apply?
- Please contact Evolve’s Resident Engagement team. You will need to complete an application form, and we may request an interview with you.
- Successful applicants will have the full financial grant paid directly to them in yearly instalments of $1,500 to cover expenses needed for the course. The Applicant must then provide invoices and or receipts for all expenses.
Total grant over 3 years is up to $4,500, with $1,500 per year in financial support.
Please note: The official text of the Evolve Housing website, and of each of the documents and other information available on the website, is the English version.