What is affordable housing?
Affordable rental housing is housing that meets the needs of people on very low to moderate incomes, and is priced so that tenants can afford basic living costs such as food, clothing, transport, medical care and education. Applicants must meet an eligibility criteria to apply (see below).
The Affordable Housing Scheme was developed to encourage low and moderate income earners into the rental property market. Evolve Housing’s subsidised rental properties allow employed applicants safe and secure accommodation to assist with maintaining other essential basic living costs.
When we have a vacancy in one of our affordable homes, we will advertise its availability on our website and other digital media.
How the Affordable Housing Scheme can benefit you:
- If you are currently employed and you are an Australian Permanent Resident, you may apply for Affordable Housing.
- Locational preferences allow applicants to specify suitable areas.
- Local Government Areas (LGA) may be convenient for existing needs, including proximity to work and schools.
To be assessed as eligible for Affordable Housing, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
- Be a resident in NSW
- Be able to establish their identity
- Be able to sustain a tenancy without support
- In general, be 18 years of age or older
For more information
- Evolve Housing Affordable Housing Factsheet
- Evolve Housing Affordable Housing Policy
- Evolve Housing Affordable Housing Property Listings